Metis Discover User Guide
This page gives you access to the Metis Discover user guide. This supports version 2.0.0 and above.
Metis is a corporate geochemistry data management system and Metis Discover is a web-based portal for exploring data in the Metis database. Discover uses the IGI property model, which is explained in detail here.
The general notion of querying for the data you want is covered in the generic description of how to find the data you want.
There are lots of ways to query for the samples you are interested in using Discover 2.0.0 and above:
- Map-based criteria - find samples based on a polygon drawn on a map, or a shapefile applied to the map
- Measurement criteria - find samples based measured values in the data, e.g. TOC or Sample type
- Analysis criteria - find samples based on the presence of data in certain analyses
- Stratigraphy criteria - find samples based on the stratigraphic layer - both lithostratigraphy and chronostratigraphy
- Data updates criteria - find samples that have recently been added or changed
- Geographic criteria - find samples based on geographic / site criteria, such as country or region
- Wellbore criteria - find samples based on aspects of the wellbores they are from
Once you have defined your query you can then bookmark your queries to use at a later time, or share with colleagues. To support seeing the data in the context of additional geospatial (GIS) data layers, it is possible to configure Discover to show additional contextual layers.
Once your query has been defined, and you have identified the data you want you can select to export your data.
Importing data from Discover:
Once the data is exported from Metis, you can readily import the data into your preferred tool. This is simplest to bring into p:IGI+.
Deleting samples via Discover is only available as an option for data loaders (with permission to use Metis Transform).
© 2022 Integrated Geochemical Interpretation Ltd. All rights reserved.