Most artefacts also support a series of right click options. Common options are:
- Delete - removes the artefact from the project. This can be undone until the project is closed.
- Remove - only for artefacts that can be applied to other artefacts (e.g. palettes, sample sets and wells). Removes the copy of the artefact selected but leaves other copies and the actual artefact untouched. If the artefact is the last one left you will only have a delete option.
- Rename - allow a change/edit to the name of any artefact in the tree
- Export as a template - enables you to save a template of the artefact so you can re-use it later in other projects or share it with colleagues. Artefacts being saved as templates that contain project properties will also store any associated project property information in order to recreate both artefact and custom property in the new project. Note that no property value data is ever stored with artefacts, only their configuration/settings.
- Clone - creates a new artefact, which is identical to the source artefact but has a '(1)' appended to the name (from v1.21). This is very useful if you want to modify an artefact, but retain the original one too.
Dynamic and static sample sets, wells and all palettes have two additional options:
- Apply to all open artefacts ... - this applies the sample set / well / palette to all open artefacts which can accept this child artefact. If the open artefacts already have an artefact of that type applied it will be overwritten by the newly applied one. Take care when undertaking this operation, as if you have a very large number of artefacts open in a large project, the artefacts may take some time to update. Ctrl+Z will undo all actions.
- Remove from all artefacts ... - this is essentially the inverse of the above action, but removes the child artefact from all artefacts in the project, regardless of whether they are open or not. Note the artefact itself is not removed, and the original artefact will remain wherever it was placed.
© 2022 Integrated Geochemical Interpretation Ltd. All rights reserved.